Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Camping


So I enjoy camping. The past few years I have gone quiet a bit more than I had the previous few years. One of the parts of camping, in my opinion, is enjoying barbecue in the outdoors. I know, I could have barbecue at home and taste just as good, but without the flies it's just not the same.

The real reason for writing about camping is my desire to own some mountain property. I don't even care if it's developed. In fact, it would better if it wasn't developed. All I would really need is about 5 acres with a lot of trees, a stream or pond with fishing, and a decent road that would get me to it. There is a gentleman at my work that owns property around Monte Cristo. He said that he developed it enough that he can fit his trailer and added a couple Trex decks for tables and a grill. The property that he his on requires him to pay a yearly $200 HOA fee that stocks the ponds with fish that the several of the properties use and maintain the roads that go to the different properties. He said he only paid about $10K for it. Not bad.

The only reason for me not purchasing this type of property is financial resources. It's too bad that I don't have it already. I suppose the most ideal situation would be to get in with family members and each of us split equal shares and equally share the property. I don't think that wouldn't be a bad thing and it would be fun to have a family camping spot to go every now and then and do whatever we would want.

Anyone share my sentiments?

4 comments:

The Dance Source said...

I think that it would be so sweet! Then there wouldn't ever be any worries that there was space or a place to go camping, no making reservations...just going and doing what you please whenever you please!

Melanie said...

Sounds good to me, but I vote for some plumbing, at least an out house!

Nanette said...

That would be so awesome. Maybe when you move up at your job or something. :)

Loriannie said...

I think you have a great idea!
I wish we had more time to camp. Maybe this summer now that we are so close to zions and bryce.