Wednesday, April 22, 2009

yard work

Chris has been working hard on our yard the last two days and it is starting to look really nice! Once we get flowers and plants in there than it should look great! I wish that I would've been able to help him more. Here are a couple of pictures of how it is coming along:



One of my pretty tulips. They are my favorite flower.

Onto other news:

Ethan went #1 in his potty! I'm so excited. He got to pick one of his prizes and play with it and it made him want to sit on his potty again, but than he was way too tired and wouldn't hold still... so we will work on it again tomorrow.

He also said something pretty funny today. We were sitting in the front yard watching Chris dig dirt and the neighbors walked by. Well, Ethan stopped what he was doing and just stared at our neighbor. I said, "Ethan", (I was a little embarrassed that he was just staring).
Ethan: What?
Me: What are you doing?
Ethan: I'm looking at people Mama.

It was really cute how plainly he said it. We learn that it isn't polite to stare at people, but kids are so curious about everything and they just can't help it.

8 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

The staring thing was pretty funny. The kids have been a lot of fun while I've been home and very helpful.

I'm glad the yard is starting to look good. One project at a time. Next year we will reach another milestone of creating space for a garden in the backyard and maybe digging up the "grass in the backyard. Then we need to get a grill, patio furniture, mist system, projection screen for outdoor movies, and win a lot of money to pay for it all.

Loriannie said...

You are such a good mommy. Don't stress to much about the potty thing, but it is cool when they start to understand. Your kids are so cute!
Good job on the yard work Chris, you can tell you worked really hard. It's going to be so nice.

Nanette said...

I like the mist system idea. That would be awesome. I wonder how much it would cost. I will have to get a job. :)

Melanie said...

The yard is looking great! What about adding a hot tub to that future patio Chris?

Ethan is so funny! Good luck on the potty training. He seems like he's ready. Just be prepared to be close to a bathroom when you do get him trained!

Sorry I've missed so many posts Nanette. It looks like you're winning!

Ellis said...

I'm jealous you have a yard of your own to change and improve. And how fun to have a little pond! You should put some fishies in it!

Lori said...

That is so cute!!

Law Family said...

How fun to see the progress in your yard! Your kids are so cute. Potty training is an exciting time, but sometimes stressful. Have fun with it. This is such a fun way to keep track of cute things kids do. I had to do it the old fashioned way and write it down in a journal.

{Brooke} said...

Your yard is looking good. It takes a lot of work to make it nice.