Saturday, April 4, 2009

24 Hours of Fun

How do you pack in a weeks worth of fun into a 24 hour period? Go with my family and I and we will have you and/or your family tired in no time.

Friday morning was really the start of all the fun. Nanette and I took the boys to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. Of course, Ethan and Logan had an awesome time. The museum is really a hands-on educational center. Inside the museum there are various cultural and subject theme that kids can touch and learn from. Well, Nanette and I spent the majority our time playing in the musical area and the firetruck. The kids can't get enough with banging sticks on the xylophone or shaking the several rattling instruments. Then with the firetruck, we got the kids dressed up as firemen and had them take turns steering the truck (the truck does not move).



Ethan and his new favorite hobby... coloring!
Logi the WizardQueen Nano

After the museum, we headed back home to pack up and went to Provo to go to my mission reunion. I can't believe it has been almost 8 years since I left to go on mission. In many ways, I miss being out there and just doing good for others all the time; however, I would not give up being with Nanette and my boys. Luckily, the missionary program is robust enough that I don't have to worry about that.

So we made it to Provo and dropped off our stuff at the Residence Inn. We figured it would be nice to stay the night and not have to worry about driving home late. A little after that we made it to my mission reunion. It is always good to be at the reunion. There are people that I meet up with every year that I have the utmost respect for and to this day feel that no matter what I could do for them, I would never be able to repay them back.

After the reunion we went back to the hotel and went swimming. It was 10:30 at night at that point so it was just Ethan and I in the pool. We had a good time.

The next day, we made it to the Natural History Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was actually really cool. If I would have known how cool it was, I probably would have went earlier in my life. The good thing about the this museum is that Logan actually enjoyed himself because he was very tired and fussy. They had a baby mammoth skeleton that was pretty cool and huge super-duper-saurus (actually named supersaurus) skeleton.

"Daddy... you should be saving me from the shark... not feeding me to it!"Ethan kept saying, "I want to ride a dinosaur!"... and so he got his wish... sorta. He also kept saying that the dinosaur skeletons needed water. I guess he thought that the reason why they were skeletons was because they were thirsty! It was adorable.

After we went to the museum we finished our trip to Ikea. We like going in there because there are a lot of neat things inside the store and a lot of it is relatively cheap. So we didn't buy anything but sometimes it's just fun to see what type of things you may do to remodel or update your home.

I apologize for the itinerary and promise I just hit the highlights.

6 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

I love the pic Ethan going into the shark. That is great. (Nanette co-wrote the blog).

Melanie said...

Wow, you really did pack a lot into 24 hours! I love the pictures. I've seen ads on TV for the dinosaur museum. Looks like fun.

Loriannie said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. I love museums.

The Dance Source said...

I'm glad that you guys had a lot of fun! I bet the boys loved it all! Ethan's comments are so cute! I wish I would have heard it. The things he says are so random yet so cute!

Nanette said...

It was a really fun weekend. I just wish Logan would have been feeling better. We will have to do it again soon! :)

Christy said...

That's soo fun!! We really do need to get together sometime!