Monday, April 6, 2009

I am trying to beat my Mom....

... in the number of posts that she does this year!


Okay, so not really. I have just felt like blogging more lately. It's not that I have more time. Because I don't. I have way less time. But I am having more fun doing it lately. It makes me feel good to be keeping some sort of a journal. :)

Anyways... just a couple of thoughts while I am sitting in my cool (i am being sarcastic. I don't know anyone who enjoys economics) economics class.

1. I really enjoyed General Conference. I am always sad when the last session comes and goes and we have to wait another 6 months to hear the great talks from the general authorities. I wasn't able to watch it all on T. V., but I was at least able to listen to it on the radio. On Saturday I turned the radio on (we were traveling) in time to hear President Eyring speak. Now, I know that we aren't supposed to have favorites... but he has been one of my favorites since he first became an apostle. I love, love, love him! I think one of the biggest reasons is because he puts a lot of emotion and sincerity in his talks and so they pull at my heart strings! What's sad is I can't even remember what he talked about, but I know it was really good and I can't wait to read it in the Ensign. Also, talks that stood out to me, were talks about getting out of debt and also being member missionaries. They are two things that I really need to work on!

I can't forgot President Monson and the wonderful prophet that he is! He is such a good person and I love the fact that he goes to Jazz games!


What did you enjoy about General Conference?

2. I have Spring Fever! The weather was so nice today. It motivated me to get my house clean... the only problem is that I had to study for a test all day! Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be still nice. When it is dark and gloomy outside I just want to crawl in my bed and sleep. No joke! Spring should bring so many great surprises!... including Katie's baby sometime in the next 2 weeks! I am so excited to finally be an Aunt on my side of the family!

(Sigh)... We should all sign a petition to have Spring all year around! :)

4 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

This scripture stuck out to me as recited in conference:

"And now behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you, do not suppose that this is all; for after ye have done all these things, if ye turn away the needy, and the naked, and visit not the sick and afflicted, and impart of your substance, if ye have, to those who stand in need—I say unto you, if ye do not any of these things, behold, your prayer is vain, and availeth you nothing, and ye are as hypocrites who do deny the faith." Alma 34:28.

I think mainly because I want my prayers to be answered more and other people truly need help more than myself.

Melanie said...

That's a great scripture for an Elder's Quorum President to quote Chris! I know you get a lot of practice helping people.

One of my favorite talks was Jeffrey R. Holland about the Savior. It was very emotional and really made me think.

Maybe we wouldn't appreciate spring like we do if we didn't go through winter first! I'm so glad spring is here!

Sarah Moran said...

I really enjoyed the talk by Richard G. Scott in the Saturday afternoon session. I love to go to the temple and he reminded me of the importance of setting a goal for temple attendance. As for spring - it's spring break here and I have the cleaning and gardening bug as well.! Good luck in your quest to beat you mom this year!

The Van Tassell's said...

Sorry, this comment is a little late-I've gotten behind on reading blogs lately. I also am sad every time general conference ends and we have to wait so long before we get to hear from them all again. And I also think Elder Holland's talk was one of my favorites-I'd never thought about some of the things he said before.
And I definitely agree with you-WE NEED MORE SPRING! :)