Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm drawing a blank on a title name

Being a mom is hard.

I always thought it would be easy... like playing house with dolls.

I obviously took my mom for granted; not understanding how hard her job was.


I understand now.

Thanks mom (and Dad) for putting your life on hold to take care of my every want and need.

I have been struggling with patience, stress, and frustration lately. Partly because I'm pregnant and partly because I am the mother of a 2 year old and 3 year old.

I feel like I am the only mother who yells at her kids or lets them cry when I need a little break.

And I am seriously going to have another????



But....

The hugs, kisses, and I love yous make it all worth it.

I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for the world and I am so excited to bring another little boy into our family.


I vow to be a better mother with more love and patience.

The end.


P.S. Thanks Chris for putting up with my ornery, pregnant self. You are a wonderful husband and I appreciate you more than you know. Love you. :)

7 comments:

Ellis said...

Ah, Nanette. Not only are you pregnant with 2 little ones, but you've been super busy with school, being a wife, church callings (I'm sure), family,trying to maintain a sense of self. It's hard. Give yourself a little credit. Our faults are the things that stick out the most in our minds. Kids get over things quickly and move on (most of the time). I think every.single. mother could stand to be a little better, more loving, playful and patient. But we're human and still growing too. When I feel a similar way, I have usually been neglecting myself and am a much better wife and mother after "filling my own bucket" - after all, you can't fill anyone else's bucket if yours is empty. Hope you return to feeling your awesomeness soon! Good luck with things :)

Christy said...

I love this post. You are a wonderful mommy!

Tyler goes to Houston said...

Welcome to the real world of motherhood. The parts no one ever tells you about and the parts no one would believe even if they did. Its hard and very stressful especially with two very young kids and one on the way. Don't forget how tired pregnacy makes you but in the end its all worth it. The kids know how much you love them and thats what counts. I remember those days and its hard, very hard but Now I am really glad that I had the kids really close like yours. Its a few short years of little kid stress (it goes quickly even if it doesn't seem to right now) and then you start getting breaks that help tons and then teenagers!!!

The Dance Source said...

Awe so cute! I think every mother feels of has felt the same way one time or another in her mothering career! You're doing great! :)

Melanie said...

I feel that way too, and I'm not even pregnant...yet! You're such an amazing Mom and you do so much! He he! Fun post! Doesn't it feel good to vent sometimes on here?

Chris Gamble said...

Well everyone that has posted, from what I have seen, are excellent Moms.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about being the perfect mom. First of all it's too hard and there is now way of knowing how to customize your love of them.

Well I love you and I do believe you're a great mom.

Chris Gamble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.