Monday, April 12, 2010

NESTING

I have totally been nesting the last couple of weeks.

I thought this wasn't supposed to happen till the very end of my pregnancy.

I don't think I ever nested with my other two pregnancies; probably because I worked and was too tired.

I don't have enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to do. Not only do I want to deep clean my whole house, but I also want to catch up on my scrapbooking and make crafty things for the baby. I am currently making a diaper bag and crocheting some cute little loafers (I will post pictures if I ever get it done. LOL.). I'm not very good at sewing or crocheting, so hopefully I can get them done before the baby is born. Luckily, my Mom is amazing at both things, so I can call her if I need help.

Does anyone know of anything else I can make for my baby... or of any cool websites that give cute craft ideas? If so, let me know.

I also just finished my curtains for my dining room. I bought them at Ross for a bargain, hemmed the bottom, and sewed a cute ribbon on the bottom. It wasn't very hard, but I still feel proud of myself.


I couldn't get a good picture of the curtain as a whole, so here it is in three parts:


The top with cute buttons

The middle

The cute ribbon I sewed on the bottom


Chris was in Alabama last week and so I spent a bunch of time at my parent's house. Here is a couple of pictures of my cuties:











I have been meaning to post a picture of my prego belly. I finally have one! I will have Chris take a pic of me when he gets home. I'm now 26 1/2 weeks along. Crazy!

3 comments:

Sarah Moran said...

I like handmadebyjill.blogspot.com She has a great idea for bibs and burpcloths that you can sew from flannel receiving blankets. I've been making sets to give as gifts to people having babies. They come together really quickly and are nice a soft.

Chris Gamble said...

Did everyone notice the second sentance in the last paragraph? The "I'll have Chris take..."? That is what her nesting has entailed. It's fine though. The house feels less cluttered and I feel like we can do things to improve it. :-) Love you and in three months I will have another fishing buddy.

Becky said...

Cute curtains. I nested like crazy on my 3rd baby too, it must be because I can't get anything done now with 3 kids, so do everything you can now :)