Sunday, May 31, 2009

No More Diapers!...

At least for Ethan!!! I am so excited. Ethan is pretty much potty trained now. My little boy isn't so little anymore. My goal was to have him potty trained by his 3rd birthday and that is still a month away! :)

How did I have time to get him potty trained you may ask?

I didn't really do a whole lot. I just bought him some prizes, sat his potty out where he could see it and would ask him every once in a while if he needed to go.

He did everything else on his own. He likes getting the prizes and he likes wearing underwear. He stayed dry the whole night last night and all during church. I even got him to go to the bathroom a couple of times at church (I was worried about this because he hadn't gone in a public bathroom before).


Way to go Ethan! Your such a big boy and I am so proud of you.

Hmm..... I wonder if I could get Logan potty trained now. I like having to change only one kids diaper now, but why not go for both? :) I think I am getting ahead of myself. I will wait until he is at least two. I mean, I just barely got him to stop taking a bottle.

The BIG BOY himself!

8 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

It's totally awesome. I'm very proud of him.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful. Abby is only 9 months old and I am looking forward to not changing her diapers. But I am sure there will be another one by then. Here's to life after potty training!!!!

Sarah Moran said...

How very exciting! Way to go
Ethan!

The Rigbys said...

Good for you! My Olivia will be 3 at the end of June and she only goes potty sometimes. I think I just to work on it more with her.

Law Family said...

That is a great accomplishment! Don't stress yourself out too much with Logan, obviously Ethan was ready. If they aren't ready, it is not that easy. You are a good mama!!

Melanie said...

It is funny how he pretty much trained himself when he was ready. I love how he says he's wearing "unnerwears".

Ellis said...

woot woot! Hurray for Him AND for you!

The Van Tassell's said...

Awe, what a big boy! :) I don't know if I'm ready for him to be such a big boy though!:S He's supposed to always be my little buddy! Before I know it he'll be taller than me! :) ha ha