Saturday, June 6, 2009

Boldly going where this man has never gone before...


In past blogs, I have written about many of the different places I have been in the past year. This week, it's Huntsville, Alabama. It's a very beautiful place to visit with lots of trees and very kind, southern people. Today, fellow co-workers and I went to see Star Trek. Now okay, it's just a movie right? I could see it in Utah. So what is so special about seeing Star Trek? We went to an IMAX to watch it. So what is cool about watching Star Trek at the IMAX? We watched the movie at the US Space and Rocket Musuem. The really awesome part about this is that before an individual goes into the theatre, you walk next to a full-scaled model of the Space Shuttle. So it was an awesome setting and movie. Couldn't have asked for something cooler than that.

On a side note, I really miss Nanette and the boys. I can't wait to see them a little later this coming week. Maybe one of these times, they may come with me. That would be a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

You are gonna have to take me to see Star Trek now. I miss you too and can't wait to see you!

Lori said...

Hey Chris, I bet that was really great!! I hope you aree having fun and enjoying the south. It is so different than here. It's all most being in another country....but not. Miss you and your sweet family!! Love you,
Mom

The Van Tassell's said...

I'm super jealous! I've never seen an IMAX movie before. Sounds like a blast! Next time Nanette and the boys are here I hope you get to be here too! :)

Melanie said...

I'd like to see a full sized replica of the space shuttle! I liked the new Star Trek movie. I can't imagine watching it in an IMAX theater though because some of the scenes made me jump as it was!

When I got Logan out of the crib the other morning he said, "Daddy!" Ethan who was with me said, "No, it's Nana." Logan said again, "Daddy!" I don't know how many times it went back and forth with them arguing. (Apparently I still had my 5:00 shadow so Logan was confused!)