Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Family Vacation

The first full day we were in Portland, we decided to go to the Oregon Zoo. I don't want to offend anyone, but it is way better than Hogle Zoo. It is situated in a forest and so trees are surrounding every exhibit. It is so pretty. The animals were so friendly and we actually had quite a few of them come up to the glass and look at us. The highlight of the day was probably when we saw the baby elephant. She was so cute! I didn't get a good picture of her, but I did get a cute video on my video camera.

Logan was so tired and slept for the first part. Ethan was so nice to let him lay on his shoulder!

Watching the Polar Bear eat.

This orangutan came right up to the glass when he saw us.

We stayed at the zoo for about 4 hours and I think the boys really enjoyed seeing the animals. When we were leaving I asked Ethan what his favorite animal was. He told me, "Mine was the Zebra... and Logan's was the alligator." It was really cute, because he was acting like Logan had told him that.

The next day we took a trip to the Oregon Coast. It took us over an hour to get there, because there is no direct free way to it. We did travel through a beautiful forest though. Before we got to the ocean, we stopped in Tillamook at the Cheese factory. They have a self-guided tour of the factory and then you get to sample cheese... and of course we had to get some ice cream afterwards!
At the Cheese factory- I just love the look on Logan's face in this picture.

Well, I think I will finish writing about our trip on our next post. I know that I am really dragging this out, but I think if I did it in one post than it would be too long. I just feel like I don't have time to do it either, because of all of the homework I have to do.

I know... I'm crazy to be school. It is really stressful, but it also makes me feel really good about myself!

1 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

The zoo and the beach day was awesome. It was a very fun trip.