Thursday, October 30, 2008

Little boys spell M-I-S-C-H-I-E-F

Yesterday I finished painting Ethan's shelf for his bedroom. It turned out good, but I made the mistake of leaving the paint brush out on the table. I didn't think there was any paint left in it, but it was a sponge brush and I guess they hold a lot of paint. Anyways, I was doing my hair and Chris was in the bedroom. When I was done I asked Chris where Ethan was and he said he wasn't sure and so he went to find him. Logan's door was shut and so he opened it and said to me, " Uh-oh. Nanette, you're not going to like this!" This is what we found:










This is the glider in Logan's room and Ethan decided to paint it. How wonderful of him. Luckily he mostly just got in on the wood part and I found out later that it will wash off. But...

that's not the worst of it. We were laughing pretty hard about it until we went into the dining room and this is what we found:










He had also painted the table cloth and 2 of my dining room chairs! I don't really care about the tablecloth, but I had just recently recovered my chairs with vinyl. The picture above shows what they look like after I washed as much paint off as I could. I do have extra vinyl and so I might end up recovering them. Little boys sure like to give their parents extra work. I guess I should just be glad that he didn't decide to paint my couch or carpet or something. Oh the joys of having a two year old. I can't wait to see what he does when he is three.

5 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Nanette, can't you keep an eye out on the boys? Hahaha....I'm just kidding. I can't believe what he did. It was so funny, well except for the dinning room chairs.

Calvin's Mommy said...

well, he did a nice job on the rocking chair! Next time you should leave some stencils so he could do like a pattern or something! I'm glad I am not the only one with a 2 year old (well almost..)who gets into EVERYTHING!!

Melanie said...

Too funny! I'm glad it's not me, but he really did a good job and he probably was thinking in his head, "I want to be just like mommy!"

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh - I can't belive that! It did make me laugh but I know the headache of cleaning up after them. Oh and red of all colors . . . . ugh!

The Dance Source said...

What can you say the kid's got skills! :) I think he did a really good job covering so much ground with only what was left in the brush. He sure made a mess.....but he sure is cute!!!