Saturday, July 5, 2008

Festivus of the Fourth!

We had a really enjoyable 4th of July on Friday. This is the first year in a while that I haven't had to work and so it was fun just to play. First we went over to Chris' dad's house and had a BBQ and Ethan played and swam in a little pool and went on the slip n' side. He is getting so brave and I am proud of him. Chris' dad lives right across from Lorin Farr Park in Ogden, which is where they have all of the Hot Rockin' 4th festivities. There were people everywhere. It was crazy. Chris' dad, Bob, helped build a car for the demolition derby and his friend, Mark, was going to drive the car, so we headed over to that. Ethan really loved the cars, but Logan got scared because of how noisy they were. Mark did really good for being a rookie.

After a while of that, we left and headed up to Smithfield to hang out with my family. It was dark when we got there, and so we immediately started doing fireworks. Katie and Aaron came from Wyoming and brought the fireworks. Now I know what you are thinking... but we behaved and they only brought legal fireworks. Well, at least that's what we thought. I am not going to confess to anything more, but I will say that it was the coolest (and maybe scariest) home made fireworks show that we have been to. After the fireworks we went on the back deck and laid on our air mattresses and watched a movie on a projector screen (that my cool dad set up!) and then we slept under the stars. It was so awesome, because we used to do that when we were little!















Chris and cutie Logi .... and me and Ethan in the pool









Tyler, Tracy, and Breckston... and Jason even let me take his picture!


Here is a video of Ethan on the slip n' slide. He is such a big boy!


A car on fire... awesome! As long as no one is hurt of course.
The whole gang waiting for the show.
Dad and Aaron lighting to fireworksKatie and Logan... his eyes were so wide the whole time.
Caleb, Ethan, and Naomi. Ethan loved the fireworks. He kept saying, "Pretty!"
My mom looked down and they were holding hands. How sweet is that?

Ethan finally fell asleep around 1 am. He doesn't like to miss anything!

Well, there was our holiday in a nutshell. I hope that every one had a fun day!

4 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Nanette:

I had a great time with you on the Fourth and the whole weekend. This has definitely been a change from the past few years because of your work schedule. Nevertheless, we can have lots of fun now. Love you.

Melanie said...

That was really fun. I'm glad we were all together and that the skeeters didn't eat us alive while we were sleeping!

Lori said...

Hey Chris and Nanette It looked like you had a great time on the 4th of July. It's always nicer when you can share these things with family and friends!! I have always enjoyed watching the fireworks on the fourth, It reminds me of reading a book about Francis Scott Key when I was a kid.
Anyway, Love you all Bunches!!
Mom

The Dance Source said...

The fourth was so fun!!! Logan is really such a ham! How did your kids get to be so cute? jk I'm definetly it one chris' idea for next year in Wyoming and forgetting the legal fireworks all togethter.