Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dating

I wanted to write a quick not about the fun things Nanette and I have been up to these days. We have taken a renewing approaching to our marriage to make things more exciting and refreshing. What we are doing is "dating" each other again. Just like in the old days when we did everything we possibly could to win each other over. Frankly, it's actually been really fun.

So last Saturday, Nanette and I with the boys went on a date. Nanette planned everything and did a lot of work to make our date fun and relaxing. We first went to Arby's. I know nothing too exciting (maybe to you that is reading this) but I have been wanting to go there for the past few weeks. So Nanette paid for the meal and even filled my drink out of the fountain before I had a chance, which was cool. She then drove us to the Ogden River Parkway and took a nice walk along the river. Afterward, the boys went to bed and the best part our date happened, we played games. So what was exciting about playing games? Well Nanette made strips of paper with differing options within three categories. The categories included what we would wear, games we would play, and unusual places in the house to play these games. So for example we played Speed in our pajamas on the stairs. This actually makes for an interesting game. In the end, we did four different variations of games.

I just want to ensure that Nanette knows that I had a great time with her last night on our date. It was really fun. I appreciated every moment. I love you and thanks for an awesome time.

Picture of us at Katie's Wedding taken by our cool cousin, Suzy Carlson

5 comments:

Melanie said...

That sounds wonderful, and what a great example you guys are to us old folks who should take more time dating each other now that our kids are parents or of dating age and we don't have to find babysitters. (Of course it has come full circle and I need a father sitter)

Ellis said...

Good for you guys! I'm all about continuing the courtship after marriage. Sounds like fun and I'm glad you continued the date after the boys went to bed. We try to have a date night every friday - it will be interesting to see how things go once our first baby comes next month!

Lori said...

Wow Nanette....cool date!! I am so glad that you guys are taking time out for each other to show each other how special you are to one another, It is really great and I am so proud of you both. Continue sharing and maybe you will motivate me, who knows!! Love you bunches!! Mom

Nanette said...

Chris-

Thanks for going on the date with me. It was a lot of fun. I look forward to our next date together.
I love you!

The Van Tassell's said...

Ah, shucks kids! You're so cute :) I'm always up to babysitting my little buddies if you want to do more of the dating without the kids ;)