Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family Night with Raptors

So we actually didn't play with real dinosaurs. If they weren't extinct, Raptors would be one of the lowest on my list of dinosaurs to play with... but anyways... we went to an Ogden Raptors baseball game. They are a minor league pro team. The best part about the game was that it was free. Tracy called us up Tuesday night and said that they had gotten a bunch of free tickets. When we got to the game we realized that the only section we could sit in was on the far right and directly in the path of the sun's blaze. We sat there for a few minutes, but it was so hot, that the boys' cheeks were bright red. We decided to upgrade for only $3.00 a piece and we were able to sit in chairs and out of the sun's way. A bunch of people came with us including: Chris' mom, Paul (Chris' step-dad), Tracy, Tyler, and Breckston, Shanna, Calton (Chris' step-nephew?), Tavin (Chris' step-nephew), and Zac (Chris' step-brother). I forgot my camera and so the only pictures that I have are from my cell phone. They are kind of blurry, but I guess they will have to do.

Ethan... with a very flushed face

Ethan had so much fun running up and down the aisles and as long as we kept food in Logan's mouth, he was happy. Lori (Ethan's grandma) was even able to get a ball for Ethan, by asking one of the players. He was so excited. He loves balls! The Raptors won 11-3. It was fun to watch and so nice to relax and spend time with family. I love summer and being outdoors!










-Chris---and----Nanette-

Logan- so smiley!

Onto other news- Logan climbed up a stair on Sunday. I am so proud of him. He can also pretty much crawl now and he tries to pull himself up on everything. He is getting so big. I am so proud of both of my boys and love them so much!

5 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

I wonder if "boys" includes me. Anyway, it was a lot of fun going to the game. Too bad GA seats are not what they used to be and cost more money to enjoy the game.

Ethan and Logan are growing up so fast. They are awesome boys.

Lori said...

Hey Nanette the game was a lot of fun and i am glad that we decided to upgrade the seats, it made the game so much more enjoyalbe not to be so hot!! I really had a great time and had fun with Ethan trying to get him a baseball and sitting by the players. Ethan likedm watching the pitcher practice. I had fun with everyone. Thanks for going.Love you!! Mom

Melanie said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Cute pictures!

Kent said...

One of these days, we are going to have to experience a Raptors game. When I was a teenager, Ogden had a AAA minor league team affiliated with the Oakland A's. They were the Ogden A's. I don't remember too much about the team other than Ricky Henderson (who is famous for stealing bases) played for the Ogden A's at the time. Of course at that time, there wasn't a Linquist park. The Ogden A's played at John Affleck Park which as at about 35th Street just below Wall Avenue.

Tyler and Tracy said...

I will try to remember to send you those pictures one of these first days. I haven't had time to be on the computer much. It was fun spending time with your cute family.