Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mommy I'm happy

I have been desperately wanting to get Logan potty trained for some time now.

He is almost 3 1/2 years old and we are tired of changing his diapers. The only problem is that he seems to be pretty content.

One day I was changing an extra "awesome" diaper of his and I asked him if he was tired of having to get his diaper changed and if he wanted to go in the potty. Without skipping a beat he replied, "No Mommy. I'm happy".

How are you supposed to potty train a kid when he is "happy" with wearing diapers?

I have gotten him to sit on his potty a couple of times. He is a very patient kid when he does sit on it. He sat on the toilet for 2 hours straight once. Crazy kid!


"Mommy, stop taking pictures of me on the potty!"

Hopefully I will have a breakthrough soon.

P.S. Colin is all better from his RSV, but now the poor kid has an ear infection. :(

6 comments:

Barbie Mills said...

When my sister was 3 and wouldn't use hte potty, my mom had her change her own diapers for a few days. Then they were able to convince her that if she was old enough to change her own diapers, she was old enough to use the potty.

Good luck!

Melanie said...

Those pictures are so funny! A little privacy please mom! I'll have to see if I have any luck with him when he comes to visit me next week. Maybe if I put Caleb in charge of changing his diapers he'd potty train him pretty fast! :)

Poor little Colin! It looks to me like he's headed for tubes like his brothers. :(

The Dance Source said...

You know I'm expecting Logan to potty train Braiden. So he better step up LOL:) Good luck. I hope Colin get get TOTALLY better soon! So glad the RSV is gone! Scary!

The Van Tassells said...

Ha ha, what a funny little boy! Of course he's happy with the diaper :) I'm glad Colin is done with RSV but sad he has an ear infection. I think they got that from our side of the family :(. Hopefully we get to see you this weekend! :) Can't wait! Love you!

Megan Passey said...

Well! I got picked to host a Huggies pull up party so if you can come we're going to the potty dance and you'll get a DVD, dance mat, and coupons! I haven't gotten too much response from all the cousins so I might just give the treats to you guys but I want pics of potty training the kids!

Stacey said...

awe not cool! Good luck getting past that!! My kiddo is ready she knows what to d0 where to go and just the whole thing..she is just terrified of the big potty and 'lil potty.