Thursday, February 3, 2011

No-Mo For Me Please

RSV + Chris out of town = A Crazy Week!

That's right.

My poor, sweet baby Colin has RSV. We avoided it with the other two boys when they were babies, but this time we weren't so lucky.

7 months old and sick :(


I took him to the doctor on Tuesday because he had a cough that kept getting worse, he wasn't eating much, and his feet looked a little purple.

After getting a chest x-ray( Have you seen the contraption have to put babies in to make them hold still? It's awful), a breathing treatment, and his nose swabbed, the doctor determined that he most likely had RSV.

He referred me to the RSV clinic at Mckay Dee Hospital. I took him their where he had his nose suctioned and was given another breathing treatment. Of course he did not like having to do any of this. The next day I found out from the nose swab that he did indeed have RSV. :(

Since Tuesday evening I have taken him back to the clinic 2 more times; including this morning at 3 am. I am exhausted, but I am hopeful that he is finally on the mend and am also grateful that so far he has not had to be admitted to the hospital.

Have any of you had baby's with RSV?

As you can tell from the top of this post, Chris has been out of town all week. Awesome timing... isn't it? Thankfully Chris' mom has been such a big help. I don't know what I would have done with out her.

The biggest bummer is that we were going to head to Wyoming on Wednesday to hang out with my mom and Katie. I will just have to do redo trip when everyone is feeling good.

To top everything off, Logan started throwing up today. I have no clue why.

When it rains it pours.

I just have to keep telling myself, "It could be worse".

Chris... I know you are enjoying sunny Florida, but I'm ecstatic that you are coming home tomorrow. I know you would have been here this week if you could.

No-Mo For Me Please :)

P.S. You must be proud Katie! This is my 3rd day in a row :)

4 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

I am coming. You did a great job with all your efforts with the boys. Thanks for being a great mom!

Law Family said...

That's the pits Nanette! Hope he gets better quick! Bryce had RSV when he was a baby, didn't have to be hospitalized though. The bad part for him is that because of the RSV he has had to deal with some Asthma issues most of his life. Not too bad, but when he gets sick he always gets a bad cough that won't go away unless we do breathing treatments. I'm glad your dear husband is coming home soon! Good luck with everything!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

No fun when your kids are sick, especially when your husband is out of town. I have never had any of my kids get RSV. Seems so scary! I hope he is on the mend soon.

Ellis said...

No fun! It's hard enough not getting a break from the kids and having the husband gone w/o everything else. You are a great mom though and I'm sure you managed beautifully! :)