Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are you tired?

I have been putting off writing a post, because I couldn't find my camera... and then when I found it... my internet was down! I didn't know how much I depended on the internet until I couldn't get on it today. Whenever I have a question about something or need to look up an address... I just get on my trusty laptop... so as you can tell... it was a rough day! J/k. It wasn't that bad. Luckily Chris was able to fix it when he got home. :) What would I do with out him?

We had a fun weekend. We have all been battling the flu off and on, but we still managed to have a good time. Friday night we stayed at the Hilton in Salt Lake City. It was kind of for Valentine's day, but more of just a little get away, because we brought Ethan and Logan with us. It was a very nice hotel and we got an awesome deal at priceline.com... our new best friend!

I was so excited to take Ethan swimming and it was all he had been talking about all day. Well, the sad news is that the pool was pretty cold and so we only ended up staying in it for about 15 minutes. Ethan sure had fun swimming around with Chris. Hopefully we will be able to take him again soon.
Chris was off of work yesterday and so we headed down to Cabela's in Lehi. It is his favorite store. It was fun showing Ethan and Logan all of the animals. Thank goodness they weren't real, except for the fish! After that we headed over to Thanksgiving Point. Neither of us have been there before and so we decided to check it out. We ate lunch at the deli and then Chris took Ethan to the petting zoo, while Logan and I sat in the car. I wasn't feeling too hot. When they got back to the car the first thing that Ethan said to me was, "Mama. I rode a horsey!" He was so excited. He actually only rode a pony and was very scared at first, but after a minute, Chris let go, and Ethan rode it all by himself! Our friend, Andrea, took a picture of it. I can't wait to get it from her. He is getting so big!

Later that night, when we were riding home in the car, this is the conversation that went on between Ethan and Logan:

Ethan: Are you tired?
Logan: Ya!
Ethan: I'm tired too.
Logan: Ya!

They both hadn't had much of a nap and were exhausted and I just think that it is so adorable that they are starting to talk to each other! So fun! :)

IS IT EVER GOING TO STOP SNOWING? We got 14 inches today...but as Chris says, "We live in the Bermuda triangle of Utah!"

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Their conversation was laugh out loud funny! I love that they talk to each other now. I'm surprised Ethan admitted he was tired!

Sarah Moran said...

Nanette,
It sounds like you had a great weekend and I hope that by now you are all feeling better. Isn't it funny how hotel pools are so exciting for kids?

The Dance Source said...

I can't wait to see the picture of Ethan on the Horse either! That will be so cute! I bet he was so excited. Logan looks so cute in his swimming suit and towel! I'm glad you guys had a great weekend!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow to PARTY!

Chris Gamble said...

I tell you what, Ethan and I had an awesome time that day at the farm. It was very fun. Sorry you were sick that day and thanks for putting up with it so we could have fun. Love you.