Tuesday, November 11, 2008

St. Louis


Well I'm in St. Louis now and have been so for 10 days now. Nanette is probably really happy because I'll be coming home soon (It's actually 9 more days). I'm excited to come back to because I miss her and the boys a lot. It's amazing how dependent I am to my family. Also, I need to point out, that I appreciate the support she has given in allowing me to go on this business trip. She has done a lot of behind-the-scenes work of taking care of the boys, bills, her school work, etc. It's amazing how much she brings to our family.

So enough of the sappy stuff. As mentioned before, I am here on a business trip. Not fun. The trip has been completely work and I don't think I have ever worked as many hours in my life. Nevertheless, as far as my working knowledge of the career path I am choosing, this has been the best experience. I've really had great input as to the missing links of my job function, so basically, when I get back to my own work I will be able to apply myself more appropriately to the tasks at hand, which means significant possibilities for promotions, awards, etc. I do plan on going to a NHL game during the weekend and I'm hoping to at least see the Arch. As mentioned above, I have had long hours and haven't had the chance to see the sites. There is one cool thing about the hotel location and that it is located across the street from the Rams practice field. Haven't seen anyone famous but maybe sometime I will. Another cool thing about St. Louis that differs from Utah and that is gas is currently $1.97 at the gas station across from the hotel.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I am proud of you for going on the business trip and working so hard. I can't believe that you are old enough and important enough that you can go on business trips! I miss you and hope that you get to go to the hockey game. Only a few more days!

Chris Gamble said...

Nanette, just thanks for supporting me.

Melanie said...

I hope you get to see some sites while you're there! Wish you were here scrapbooking with us! Actually, I haven't had a chance to do any yet, but the girls have done some cute pages. It's been fun having Nanette and the boys here.

By the way, gas is $1.99 in some places in Utah.

Lori said...

Miss you Chris and I am sorry you've had to work so hard, but I am glad youare learning a lot. nanette is so excited to come see you today. that should be a nice break for you to have her there with you for the weekend. have fun at the game!! Talk to you soon!! Love you bunches,
Mom