Sunday, November 23, 2008

St. Lou-ey

I am once again such a slacker. I have been putting off writing this blog for no good reason. I had the chance to visit Chris while he was in St. Louis, but I have already been home for almost a week. I need to get with it and stop being so lazy. Anyways, we had a fun time. I had never been there before and had a blast sightseeing. Luckily we had GPS on our rental car or we would have gotten way lost!

We visited the Arch Nat'l Monument and after being strip searched (at least that is what it felt like) we rode in a small tram car to the top... 680 feet high! I am sort of afraid of heights and to look out at the city you have to lean out on your stomach. It was a little nerve wracking at first. There was a gorgeous view of the Mississippi river on one side and the city on the other.













Chris and his cool model pose :)---- St. Louis and Busch Stadium











Mississippi River













Cool side view of Arch










View of the Arch from down town

We also went to a St. Louis Blues hockey game. It is the first NHL game that Chris and I have been to, and we both agreed that it was so much cooler (is that a word?) then a minor league game. There were as many people there as at a Jazz game and the fans were going crazy. We definitely got caught up in the hype.

The teams warming up


Us enjoying the game

It seems that this has been our year for traveling. We both love doing it so much and I am excited that we have one more trip before the year is over. We are going to Washington D. C. ! Chris has to go there for a class and I get to go visit him for 5 days. Woo hoo!

6 comments:

Ellis said...

I think it's so great you got to go see Chris on his business trip - I'm sure that made the 3 weeks he was gone a little easier. Looks like you had fun!

Megan Passey said...

Lucky! I wish we got to go on bunches of trips!

suzy said...

Does your mom watch your kids while you are gone? You better bring her home a good souvenir. Looks like fun you lucky little duck!!

Melanie said...

Did Chris sing to you, "Meet me in St. Louey, Louey"?

I'm the lucky duck who got to tend two darling little boys. Sorry I didn't get Ethan potty trained while you were gone!

The Van Tassell's said...

Ha ha, that's a good song. I'm glad that you had fun! I'm excited to see you four on Turkey Day! :)

Lori said...

Looks like you had a great time and once again jelous of both you guys and Melanie!! I am so glad you had such a fun time. Talk about a slacker, I just posted Logans birthday. I still have Breckstons birthday and Halloween and today is Thanksgiving and hopefully I will get some pictures for that I can post sometime in March. Love you, Mom