Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blessed

I think of myself as a whiner.

I'm always complaining about how hard things are or how I wish things were different.

I dislike this trait of mine. It is a definite weakness.

But... As I was laying in bed last night, tossing and turning, I became overwhelmed with love and gratitude for all the I have.

I am so blessed.


.....So blessed to be the mother of this sweet cutie. As you can see, we can't leave him in his car seat unbuckled anymore.

He decided he had enough and was almost all of the way out before I grabbed him. He is getting so mobile. He does the army crawl and also likes to scoot on his back. It is pretty funny to watch. He says Mama a lot, mostly when he is sad. I have also heard him say hi and dada.

He is such a sweet baby. He loves to hold his doggie or a blanket when he is tired and suck his thumb. I love you Colin Babes!

...So blessed to be the mother of this adorable 3 year old. Doesn't he look so cute in his bowling shoes? He asks to go bowling every day; not really because he wants to bowl, but because he wants to play the arcades there. He has the cutest little voice and always says the sweetest things. He always tells me that different things are beautiful... like my hair or other things. He is also very sensitive to when others are sick or hurt by giving them hugs and kisses.

A couple of conversations we have had with Logan lately:

Chris was reading a book with Logan (He has been obsessed with reading books lately.). Logan pointed at a picture and mentioned that it was Chris.

Chris: No. That's Jesus. Did you know that Jesus loves you?

Logan: Yah. He died me.

Me: He died for you?

Logan: Yah. But he will get up again.

So precious to hear from a 3 year old. I can tell he has been listening in primary.

Another conversation from this morning:

Me: You know I love you right?

Logan: Ohhhh.

Me: What?

Logan: You're so funny.

Me: Do you love me?

Logan: No. I love Ethan.

Me: Well do you love me too?

Logan: No. Just Ethan.

Me: Okay. Well, go have fun playing with him.

Logan: Okay.

Me: Love you.

Logan: Love you too.

What a sweet boy.


He is becoming such a good, big brother to Colin. He always wants to hold him and give him his bottle. He actually looks smaller than Colin in this picture. I just noticed that. He is pretty small for his age, but such a cutie. I love you Loags!

....So blessed to be the mother of this smartie pants 4 year old. Ethan loves going bowling too. He has become obsessed with Star Wars lately. He loves watching the cartoon and also the real movies. Him and Logan pretend they are fighting with light sabers all day. He is very interested in numbers and already knows basic addition. He is obsessed with doing puzzles and can put together 100 piece ones by himself. I can't believe my oldest baby is going to be in kindergarten this year!

We are at Nana and Papa's house right now. Ethan was taking a bath last night. He wanted the jets turned on. I left the room for a minute and came back to find him completely covered in bubbles. It was hilarious. He is such an amazing big brother to baby Colin. He always makes Colin laugh. He also loves to help me clean. I love you Ethan Vader!

...So blessed to have a wonderful husband. He is an amazing bowler. He is so good at providing for our family. He is an awesome dad to our 3 boys. He always has so much on his plate but somehow he manages to deal with lack of sleep and free time. He makes me feel so special and loved. We have many differences, but also so many things in common. We love watching sports together. We love scrapbooking together (ok. Well, he probably doesn't love it, but he is willing to do it to spend time with me). Most of all we love spending time together. I'm so glad I found you Chris. I love you and can't wait until you come home from 'Bama.

...So blessed to have the knowledge of the true gospel.

...So blessed to be sealed to my family for eternity.

...So blessed to have a Savior who loves me.

...So blessed
to know and love so many good people. I would mention you all, friends and family, but then this blog would go on for eternity. Just know I am thinking of you.

..So blessed for so many things.

When I feel like whining again, then I will remind myself to read this post.

So blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a cute blog! You are so right about your boys too-they are the cutest and I love them so much! I am so blessed to be their aunt and your little sister.

This blog made me smile! :D

I have to remind myself to stop whining so much too and remember how blessed I am!

Rock-A-Bye Baby Designs said...

I love when Mom tells me the cute stories of what your boys say. They are so cute! We are all so blessed! I think I have that whiny problem too. Your blog made me think of all the things that make me so blessed as well. Have fun at Mom's! :)

Rock-A-Bye Baby Designs said...

that was Katie...I didn't realize I was signed in as Aaron :)

Chris Gamble said...

Awesome post. I am thankful for you too! Love you.

Christy said...

Aww your family is so cute. And they are blessed to have you!! Miss you guys!

suzy said...

You have the cutest little boys!