Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shrimp on the Barbi!

We have been trying to eat out less in an attempt to save money and eat healthier.

We have been doing pretty good lately and have enjoyed trying new things.

With the weather be nicer we have been able to grill more. I especially enjoy grilling, because I don't have to do it; after all, it is a man's job. Well, not really, but I think Chris likes to do it.

While grocery shopping on Tuesday, Chris decided he wanted to buy some fresh shrimp. (I know... not cheap... but its okay to splurge every once in a while).

So yesterday for dinner we had steak and shrimp on the barbi. I usually only like breaded shrimp, but the grilled shrimp was actually pretty good.

The baking/grilling king himself, Mr. Christopher Gamble!

All done and ready to eat

In other news:

I have been doing a lot of sewing lately in preparation for the baby. It has been so much fun! I just finished a diaper bag yesterday that I have been working on for awhile. It turned out so cute.



To see this and other crafts I have been working on, check out my craft blog here.

5 comments:

Law Family said...

Yummy! Looks good!

Law Family said...

Oh and I love the diaper bag!! When I had my babies things weren't so cute! Good job!

Melanie said...

I'm not a fan of shrimp, but the steak looked great! I'm always a fan of the men grilling though.

You did an amazing job on your diaper bag. I am so proud of you!

Aubrey said...

Oh that dinner made my mouth water - I LOVE shrimp and Aaron won't go within 10 ft. from it so we never have it for dinner. Yummy! Great job on the diaper bag also - you are sure talented!

Chris Gamble said...

You did awesome on the bag. I can hardly believe that you actually made it. Good work!!!