Thursday, October 8, 2009

I want foo!

Lately, Logan has been a bottomless pit!

He walks around all day saying, "I want foo". He gets upset if I don't immediately find him something to eat.

I have found that if I don't get him food that he will get desperate and start eating anything he can find. He has eaten lotion and soap on many occasions. He forgets how nasty it tastes. I caught him trying to eat the outside of a zucchini this morning. He even decided that he would sample the dishwasher detergent yesterday.

Usually, it is locked up under the sink... but my lovely son Ethan decided he would break the lock. We use Cascade Action Pacs and yesterday I found that Logan had bitten a package open and had the powder all over his mouth.

He was trying to spit it out. I am sure it tasted nasty. Well, I didn't think it was a big deal, because I thought it was just soap, but I decided to read the back of the package and found out that if it is swallowed that I should call poison control immediately.

Well, I was really scared after that. I wiped all of it off of his tongue with a paper towel. I don't think he swallowed any of it. I think he just put it on his tongue and realized it was nasty. So, anyways, he is fine, but I thought he was old enough to not put that kind of stuff in his mouth anymore.
I just need to make sure he always has food in his mouth so he won't try to eat stuff he shouldn't.

Lesson Learned.


On another note: Ethan has become obsessed with playing a toddler computer game at my mom's house. He always wants to play it at my house, but we only have laptops and I don't think he could use the built-in mouse. Today we went to the store and bought a mouse to connect into the laptop. He was so happy! It made his day. He is such a smart little kid.


8 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Silly Kids. Wish I was home to see it all.

Aubrey said...

Those dishwasher packs must be a favorite for kids. My 2 year old LOVES them. I have to keep them up high. Maybe you could just keep boxes of cereal down low for him so he doesn't have to go to the extreme of eating soap and lotion! That is funny!

The Van Tassell's said...

Oh my, silly Logi! :) ha ha, he makes me giggle. I really does love his food, doesn't he?! It's okay, he's a growing boy and needs it or else Braiden is going to catch up to him already!! It was so cute when Ethan was playing that game at our house :) He knows all the songs they sing on there and it's so cute to hear him sing along! You've got some of the cutest kids in the world! I love you guys to death! :)

By Suzy Carlson said...

What the what is up with your moms blog? So many people are going private with no warning, and I am starting to think it must be me.

I like Aubreys idea about putting cereal down low. Although then they have cereal unsupervised and you know who is going to have to clean that mess up.

Melanie said...

Your kids are so funny! I loved it when Ethan told me the other day that his tummy had an earache. Sad that he knows what an earache is to explain how is tummy feels, but it was cute.

Suzy, I sent an invite to my blog! I wish there was something that people could click on so they could request an invite so I don't leave anyone out! (Besides my stalker!)

Ellis said...

Genevieve is a bottomless pit too and it drives me crazy. I feel like all we do is sit at the table and eat all day long. oy. I really don't like the challenge of coming up with something for her to eat every 20 minutes. What silly fun kids you have!1

Sarah Moran said...

My kids have never gone through that stage, so I'm chalking it up to being a boy thing. Good luck, and I'm glad he's okay after the dish detergent experience.

Loriannie said...

Kids eat the funniest things. Emily always ate paper, and so does Donavyn!