Friday, October 16, 2009

friendship

I have been having a hard time deciding what to blog about. School is sucking all of the creative juices out of my brain. Aaahh!

Lately I have been on a quest to be a better person. I have always wanted to be a good person, but I have many weaknesses and sometimes I let those get in the way of things.

Family and friends are so important too me and so i have really been trying to be a better friend to others.

I just want anyone who reads this to know that I love you and that I am so grateful for your friendship! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Speaking of friends.... I just got back from a luncheon/shower with some of my friends from high school. We don't get together very often and it is always so fun to see them. We all have kids now or at least kids on the way!

A girl needs a nice outing with her friends every once in a while. Thanks Chris for watching the boys so I could have fun! :)


The gang: Angie (she is about to have a baby girl. Woo hoo!), Hilary with Easton, Brina with Brinleigh, Addie with Jackson, Me with Kash, and Mikela with Isabella. We are just missing my two boys, and Brina's boy Josh.... and of course Katie! Too bad she is so far away.

P.S. How do you keep your house clean with kids? I need pointers, because mine make it so messy and it is a huge uphill battle to keep it clean.

4 comments:

Ellis said...

Look at all of you with your babies! Thanks for posting the photo - it is so fun to see everyone!

Man is it tough keeping a clean house with kids. And V is only 1. I can't imagine having multiple kids and having them older. Isn't it overwhelming some days and the dishes and laundry seem endless? Since you asked, this is what works for me.
Monday: "Home Blessing Hour" quick clean of every room, including vacuuming and sweeping. Laundry
Tuesday: Bathrooms, wash towels
Wednesday: Kitchen
Thursday: Bedrooms, wash sheets
Friday: Living Room, hall, bonus room, clean car
Saturday: Family Fun Day
Sunday: Spiritual Renewal

have you heard of flylady? I use a few of her suggestions, but she really motivated me to get in gear. One thing I love that she says is to "shine the sink" - pick up the house every night so you don't feel overwhelmed in the morning and do the dishes... followed by shining the sink. It's amazing how a clean sink motivates me to do other things. Good luck. And don't think that because I have this schedule that it always happens. I also posted this schedule on my wall so that I have a visible reminder during the day. Let me know if you find something that works for you!

Chris Gamble said...

You're welcome! :-)

Melanie said...

I love you too! I'm glad that you had fun with your friends.

I liked to keep the toys organized in totes and then try to only have one or two out at a time.

Good luck!

suzy said...

I like your friend's schedule. I think I will try that. I think the most important thing is to not get too overwhelmed with having a clean house and being caught up on everything that you do, for me pictures, but for you schoolwork. I really think it helps me to step back, sit on the couch with the kids for a minute watching cartoons, or just play with them for a minute without thinking of all the things you should be doing. That always refreshes me a little. Also, it helps to beg your mom to come and help you get organized every few months.