Sunday, October 25, 2009

A CONTINUANCE.....

...of the TERRIBLE THREES!

Just when I think I am getting things under control and that my kids don't do anything too bad, Ethan has to go and do a whole bunch of things in one night.

Last night we were watching a movie and Ethan was supposedly in his room going to sleep. He came up later and said that he wanted to watch another movie. Chris took him back to his room and found out what Ethan had really been doing. Chris' dad had given us a present to give to Logan for his birthday. Well, apparently Ethan had decided to open the present... not just unwrap it, but open the box that the toy was in and take it all apart. He also had opened a cookie mix and spilled it all over the floor. We were upset, but put him too bad and thought that that was all he had done.

Well, this morning when Ethan came into my room, I realized that he had dried paint on his hands. I went downstairs to investigate and found out that he had gotten into my box that had some craft paints in it. He had gotten a little on the blanket that was on the bed in there, but I didn't realize that he had gotten it on other places too. Later I realized that he had started painting some of Logan's present, had gotten a little on the carpet (Ugggh!) and had gotten some on a leather couch. We were pretty frustrated at that point and then Chris opened up his laptop and realized that 6 or 7 of the keys had been removed from the keyboard. Chris was able to find all of them, but the F key... which is still MIA. I think Ethan understood how upset we were and eventually he told Chris that he was sorry. I sure hope he learned his lesson. We are going to put a lock on the extra bedroom so that he won't be tempted to get in there.

Oh the joys of having a three year old! I just hope I can get the paint out of the carpet. I'm thinking not likely.

:(

In other news: Little Logi will be 2 tomorrow! M
y little baby is growing up. We will now have a 3 year old and a 2 year old! Oh goodie.

Here is the birthday boy himself:

WHAT A LITTLE STUD!

OTHER CUTE PICS:

Brotherly Love

How Sweet! I love it when they actually want their picture taken!

We carved pumpkins with our friends Ben and Andrea. Their son Ian loves Chris!

Me with my awesome flower pumpkin!



P.S. My brother, Dane, comes home from his mission in 2 days! :)

8 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

Ethan!!! Okay, our kids are cute. Happy Birthday Logan.

Sarah Moran said...

Oh the excitement of life with littel ones! Cute pictures, I love the pumpkins.

The Rigbys said...

Oh how familiar this sounds! My Olivia is 3 years old too. She has done very similar things. She also got into my paints and made a stain in the carpet about a foot long. She also wiped the same red paint all over the wall. Yes, they can be challenging at times, but we still love them anyway.

Becky said...

He did that all in one night? WOW!!! Yeah, I would have been pretty angry too. I think that the hardest age so far for my kids has been 3 too. Good luck with the carpet, let me know if you find something that takes it out...

Chris Gamble said...

It was actually in about half hour of time. That stinker.

The Dance Source said...

For some reason this just makes me want see your boys even more! They say these joys only come with being a grandma, but heck I enjoy them as an aunt. They are so cute and so much fun to be with, but when they are bad you just send them back to mommy and daddy :)

-just a thought, you can try liquid dish soap and warm water on the carpet. It works for oil paints so it's worth a try.

The Van Tassell's said...

Ha ha, what a little stinker. He's just expressing his curiousity and his creativity :) lol. It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately and I love all of your pictures!! I can't wait to see you guys today and then.....

WE GET TO SEE DANE!!! :D :D :D :D
YAY!

The Van Tassell's said...

Ha ha, what a little stinker. He's just expressing his curiousity and his creativity :) lol. It sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately and I love all of your pictures!! I can't wait to see you guys today and then.....

WE GET TO SEE DANE!!! :D :D :D :D
YAY!