Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fear of Swimming

Over Labor Day weekend we headed up to Park City with the boys. First, we went to the Living Planet Aquarium. The boys loved seeing the fish, frogs, and other animals. I would recommend the aquarium to anyone with little kids!

Looking at the fish

Ethan pointing to a stingray

Lovely fingerprints all over the glass!

When we made it to Park City, Chris was a nice husband and allowed me to shop at a couple of the stores at the outlet mall. He kept the boys happy while I got good deals on clothes.

After that we went to the hotel and got read
y to swim. Ethan was really excited. He loves swimming. Of course, he won't go under the water, but he will at least get in it. Logan is a different story. He is terrified of swimming.

Ready to swim

Usually when we take the boys swimming Logan sits on a chair and watches, because he gets upset when we bring him near the water.

This time I held Logan close to me while I stood
in the pool. He cried at first, but after about 10 minutes he started to relax. Pretty soon he was letting Chris hold him while he swam on his stomach. A little while later he saw Ethan jumping off the side of the pool and he decided he wanted to do it to.

Align Center
Having fun

A surprisingly happy Logi

Logan is no longer afraid of swimming! Hurray!!

We stayed in the pool for an hour and when we got out the boys didn't want to. What a nice change and the highlight of my weekend.

If only I could get over my fear of spiders as easy as Logi got over his fear of swimming!

5 comments:

Chris Gamble said...

It definitely was a lot of fun. Let's go again sometime.

The Van Tassell's said...

Aw, sounds like you guys had so much fun! I'm super jealous! :) And that's SO exciting that Logi isn't afraid of swimming anymore! We need to get a few more good swims at our house before it gets too cold! It was sure fun having you guys here yesterday when I got off work! I just love your whole little family! :) Thanks for letting me be a part of it! :D

The Dance Source said...

So cute! and so exciting! We all need to go somewhere and go swimming together! I can't wait to see little Logan in action! So much fun! I'm glad you had a fun Labor day!

suzy said...

I love it when my kids get over a fear. I hate when they are too afraid to do things or touch things or flush things. My kids are afraid of everything. Now just watch him close so he doesn't jump in alone.

{Brooke} said...

Glad you had fun! We were up there too, but didn't see ya