Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our holiday festivities

CHRISTMAS eve EVE!


On the night before Christmas Eve my family came up to our house. We ate dinner and then drove to Willard to see the lights at "Fantasy at the Bay". We were excited to see that Santa was there, because we hadn't gotten around to taking the boys to see him. Well, after waiting in the cold for a few minutes we went inside the tent to see "ho ho" (as Ethan often calls him). The whole time we were talking to Ethan outside he kept saying that he was going to sit on Santa's lap and that he was excited. We get inside and he immediately goes shy and starts freaking out. He wouldn't sit on his lap or even look at him. So, Logan starts crying and getting upset also. Well, this picture is the best we could do; with Chris and my Dad sitting on his lap. I hope Santa's knees didn't hurt too bad after wards. I hope that next year Ethan will do better. Does everyone else have problems with their kids and Santa?

CHRISTMAS EVE!

On the night before Christmas we had a fun party with Chris' family. We ate Navajo Tacos (my favorite) in candle light (well, we tried, but Logan freaked out when they turned the lights out). We also played the the candy bar game and opened pajamas. I love getting new pajamas!

My boys-- the shirts say it all!

My cute new nephew, Kaiden

CHRISTMAS DAY!

Christmas morning we woke up a little before seven and talked to my brother Dane on the phone for a little over an hour. It was great getting to talk to him. He has an accent, which is funny, and him and his companion sang Silent Night in Spanish. It was awesome. After that we opened up our big present, a Hard drive camcorder, so we could record the boys opening their presents.

I was taking pictures of Logan and he started making faces. This one is so crazy. He is such a ham!

Ethan got a hold of my camera and took at least 50 pictures. About half of them are pretty good for a 2 year old. He took this one of himself.

Chris surprised me with a present; a new TV for our bedroom. It is awesome. Even though it was for me, I bet you can guess who couldn't wait to set it up; which is perfectly fine with me.

After getting ready we headed up to Smithfield to hang out with my family. It was starting to snow, but we made it there before it got too horrible. When we got there we opened more presents (thanks everyone!) and then we played games. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to New Years and having more fun!

The awesome work bench that my Dad made.

Some of my cool sibs!

Chris having fun with his remote control helicopter

4 comments:

Melanie said...

That doesn't even look like Logan! I think Ethan needs his own camera for his birthday. Lots of fun and memories!

Chris Gamble said...

Yeah, it was pretty. We got a lot of nice stuff...now we won't spend for a while and endure buyer's remorse for the next few months and have Nanette consider getting a new job. LOL.

Aubrey said...

You sure packed it all in there for the Holidays! Good times . . . .and don't worry about the santa thing - they will outgrow it eventually!

By Suzy Carlson said...

Your dad is awesome. I can't believe some of the things he makes. And I love those shirts, where did you get them?