Monday, September 27, 2010

I ate it all gone

"Mommy, I ate it all gone!"

Usually when you hear your child say this you tell them "Good job. I'm so proud of you!"

Well... is a mother supposed to be proud when her son comes in the room, says the above phrase, and hands her an empty thing of chap stick?

So as not to make him (Logan) feel bad I said "Good job", gave him a strange look, and threw the chap stick in the garbage.

The kid is almost 3 years old. I thought by now he was over eating things that aren't food, but I guess I still need to keep an eye on him. If you have read previous posts I have written you might remember that he has eaten things such as diaper rash cream, dishwasher detergent, and fish cleaner. Luckily he doesn't usually swallow things, he just likes to lick them (except the chap stick of course).


I didn't realize that I had gotten a picture of Logan eating the chap stick until I was looking through my pictures.
This cute boy slept for six hours straight last night; the most he has slept in a row since he was born. It was wonderful!


Ethan loves hanging out with Colin!


Have your kids eaten weird things or is my child just "special"?

7 comments:

{Brooke} said...

That's funny! I used to eat chapstick too, and I turned out alright. :0)

The Dance Source said...

Logan is of the special type LOL :), but maybe he just wanted to give you something to blog about :)Cute pictures:) It's been weird at Mom's without you here!

Liana said...

My daughter once proudly announced that she had eaten her little brother's medicine. It turned out to be a jar of pediatric glycerin suppositories. I'm still not sure when she ate them, but they were gone, and she's still alive over a year later, so I've stopped worrying about it.

Sarah Moran said...

Yeah, I think it's just your kid ;) Luckily, mine have never eaten anything that wasn't food - but maybe they have and just didn't come and tell me about it...

suzy said...

Max still eats chapstick and he is almost 4. I buy it once in awhile cause I think we've passed that stage and I hate lipgloss! But just last week he ate some. And it's not even flavored, it's menthol. Sicko. Good luck with that.

The Adams Family said...

I think its funny that you got a picture of him eating it and didn't notice:) lol.

Melanie said...

Oh man he's definately not the only one! Cal puts everything into his mouth and eats it. Last week he ate his share of chapstick, and loved it! Emma was always a little more cautious, it must be a boy thing!