Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kansa City, MO

Chris and I were able to take a fun (at least for me) little trip to Kansas City, Missouri over the weekend. He had to go there for a Business Conference and we had just found out the week before and so it was a spur of the moment thing. I have been there before when we went to Nauvoo about 5 years ago, but Chris had never been. We left Ethan and Logan with my parents. Thanks Mom and Dad and every one else who helped out. We really appreciate it.

We had to fly in separate planes and this was the first time that I have flown by myself. It wasn't too bad. I love flying and always feel cool when I get to. I know... I'm a dork. Anyways, we got there on Sunday and decided to visit some of the Church historical sites. We visited Liberty Jail, the Independence visitor's center, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, and Farr West. It was a really spiritual and neat experience to visit the spots where the early Saints lived. Here are a few pictures:



Farr West Temple Site... also very peaceful.

The next day I hung out in the hotel and did homework and also went shopping while Chris went to his conference. Monday night we went into downtown Kansas City to see what it was like. It was very green with lots of bridges everywhere. We ate at a nice Italian restaraunt in a beautiful area of the town. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera with me. Tuesday afternoon we both took separate planes back to Utah. It was definitely a short trip, but fun to get away.

I just wanted to tell everyone about a blog that many of you may have heard of. It is Mccainblogette.com and it is written by John McCain's daughter. For all of those who support McCain, I find it very interesting.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Fun! Where to next on Chris' year of Church history sites? The boys were fun. Sorry we didn't get Ethan potty trained and didn't teach Logan to walk while we had them!

Chris Gamble said...

I don't know where my church history tours will take me; however, I do know I will be going to Ohio in January, Kirtland is only a couple hour drive away. I will just have to see.

Chris Gamble said...

Nano, I had a lot of fun with you. You're a good vacationer, those who like to explore. Love you!

{Brooke} said...

Hi Nanette! You're so cute. Thanks for leaving me a comment. You're family pictures are adorable.

suzy said...

I am so jealous. That's all I can think to say, because all I can think about is how jealous I am. You should read Saints by Orson Scott Card. And then lets talk about polygamy.

The Dance Source said...

Hey sis! It sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I'm jealous like suzy that you got to go on a mini vacation. I don't know how much I'd like the flying by myself (Im kind of a whimp) But I'm glad you had Fun!!!

Kent said...

Missouri is so rich in Mormon history. I am in awe of what suffering the Prophet Joseph (and others) went through in this jail. But I am also grateful for the many revelations received there.

I am glad you had a great trip. We enjoyed the boys.